Sunday, January 23, 2011

By The Skin of My Teeth...

...a new blog post - the second one of the week! Are you impressed? I am.

Admittedly, I'm just going to phone this one in but it's a start to the whole 'blog more' goal. I have a few posts written in my head - I just need to learn to type them up before they evaporate.

As for my other goals, a few are coming along nicely. Quitting caffeine is a success so far. I haven't had any in almost a week (since I decided to quit) with no slip ups. The withdrawal headaches were a bit of a bitch but after 4 days they came to an end. There were a few moments when I'm sure The Boy wanted to shove me out of a moving vehicle but hopefully those have become less frequent. I still need the ritual of a warm drink in the morning so I've stocked up on my favourite caffeine-free herbal teas (but no licorice spice - 'tastes like burning!'). I also procured myself some caffeine-free Mug Rootbeer. Sure, it's loaded with sugar and empty calories but give me a break, people! I'm not having any caffeine!!!

Today I also got stuck into some of the furniture rearranging that I was so excited about. The bedroom has been turned around and my craft space has a much better view. To me it seems bigger and brighter but we'll have to see what The Boy thinks when he returns from his weekend of drinking and dungeoning.

Unfortunately, the aftermath of moving the furniture has left me with a mountain of books, supplies, and artwork that needs to be organized. I have a game plan for all of that and hopefully will be able to have most of it squared away tomorrow. This whole 'getting organized' idea of mine is turning into some hard work. Probably should have thought that one through a little better.

Got any hot organizational tips for me? I need all the help I can get.

No comments: