Sunday, March 13, 2011

Slacker...

Oops. Looking at my blog, it appears that February just didn't exist. Apparently, two posts in one week took it all out of me and I had to rest for an entire month. Turns out I really should have put 'Procrastinate less' on my list. Consider that done.

I really should train myself to post more frequently - it would save me from having to do 'update' posts. Sorry, guys. This is going to be one of those posts were I go over the events of the last 49 days. I'm going to edit my previous list and put 'Blog more' (along with the aforementioned 'Procrastinate less') in large, italicized, bold font. Let's dig in, shall we?

I was quite successful at the removal of junk and the rearranging of furniture. The Boy and I took a trunk full of things to the local Salvation Army store and there is currently another trunks worth of stuff waiting to be donated.* Our bedroom and living room have both been rearranged. The bedroom I've already touched on (yes, The Boy liked what I did. He didn't actually care how it was arranged but he didn't complain about the changes so that's a win in my book.) but the living room was also a success. The whole dining/living area is basically now one large open area and makes the space seem lighter and larger. I should post pictures. Maybe later. We do need some more photos or art on the walls. I have a number of framed pieces all ready, I just need to get one of those nifty gadgets that help to hang things perfectly straight (spoken like a true procastinator). Also, we may be getting some of my grandfather's work to hang until such time as my family finds a more permanent home for them.

My fitness goals haven't been quite as successful. However, The Boy and I have been shamed into eating better after a recent visit to our new RE (reproductive endocrinologist). It's not like we both weren't aware that we should be living a more healthy lifestyle, but there's nothing like a doctor saying 'Hey fatty, drop some pounds.' Okay, I might be paraphrasing but that's what it boiled down to in my mind. So. That's all a work in progress but I'm sure I'll update how it's going every now and then.

As I said, we have a new RE and for the first time in quite awhile I'm feeling positive and fired up about our chances of success at the whole making a baby thing. I have more to say about our first meeting with the new doc but I'm going to save that for a posting on it's own. Perhaps tomorrow!

Also tied into health and fertility is my lack of caffeine. Still going strong on that front. I haven't had a coffee (except for one small decaf) since I decided to quit. I've always been a fan of tea, including caffeine-free herbal teas so it hasn't been that great of a struggle for me. Having said that, I do miss the taste of a good cup of coffee and as soon as I have a baby, I most likely will be guzzling the java like a pro once again.

Another area of success was my completion of my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project. The tour will be hitting Seattle, WA the second weekend of June and The Boy and I will be taking a little trip to check it out. I didn't sign up for the Fiction Project but I'll be keeping an eye on the upcoming projects at the Art House Co-op.

I finished reading 'The Happiness Project' and will probably re-read a few chapters. I found it to be a great, and easy, read. I do, however, think you need to be in the right mind space to read it and really get something out of it. I just happened to be at that point. You don't have to be unhappy to find inspiration in the ideas presented in the book. If you're looking to improve your attitude or find some motivation, I recommend it. In a funny coincidence, when I went to find the link for Gretchen Rubin's site, I see she had an interview with Piers Steel, author of The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done. I think that might have to be my next read!

I don't know that I've become more organized. This is something I need to work on. I'm still blaming this all on my not being the proud owner of that organizer I linked to. Maybe after we get our tax return? I suppose I've made some progress - the getting rid of things we don't need, the rearranging. There's always room for improvement though. I have some thoughts on this topic as well, but I'll save those for a different post.

So, there you have it. My intention is to post more often. If I start slacking off again, I urge you all to leave comments or email me and tell me to get off my butt and write something. I'm feeling inspired by my cousin James and his recent commitment to doing the same. Here's hoping we both follow through.

*Included in the pile of things to be donated is my old 1980/81 Kenmore sewing machine, formerly the property of my mum. It's in good working order, was serviced a couple of years ago and has 3 small boxes of accessories. It will take The Boy and I a couple of weeks to gather all of things we want to donate so if you're keen on the sewing machine, let me know.


No comments: