Thursday, December 23, 2010

Until next year...

I was going to write a rant outlining all of the other reasons (non-sad, non-IF related) why I don't particularly like this time of year and why I'm choosing not to participate as much as others. As I was writing the post in my head, as I do with all of my rough-drafts, I suddenly had an epiphany and it was this:

I am an adult. I can say 'no' to whatever I choose and the best part? I don't have to feel guilty about it. Saying 'no' doesn't make me a bad friend, a bad daughter, a bad wife. I'm not begrudging anyone else the right to enjoy the holiday season as actively or as quietly as they choose. I'm choosing not to explain myself any further than I've already done.

To everyone, I hope you have a happy, safe and love-filled holiday season - however you decide to celebrate.

No comments: