Monday, December 19, 2011

Holy crap...

...it's almost a new year.

I don't have to tell you again how I feel about the Christmas season since I've already written about that here.  This year, the Boy is working on Christmas and I'll be working every day but the weekends as well. Since we're not going anywhere, it will be very quiet and peaceful but the downside is, we won't be seeing any family or friends either.

On the upside, we have a dinner reservation for our anniversary booked at Bishop's.  I dare you to click on the link and check out the food.  Maybe I'll just have 3 courses of dessert.

Soon 2012 will be upon us and while I'm not so much about making resolutions, I do find this time of year to be a time of reflection.  I like to think about where the year has taken me and where I hope to be and what I hope to accomplish in the year to come.  I also like to do some de-cluttering and organizing to get myself ready for the new year.

This year, I'm getting started a little earlier.  Life has gotten a little busier since I've been back at work and I've had less time for fun stuff like crafting, blogging, reading.  My blog reader has gotten out of hand and I'm routinely finding myself with a list that has more than a 1000 posts unread.  Yikes.  My first order of business will be to cull the list of blogs I have in my feeder and just keep the ones that really speak to me, that make me laugh or think and that inspire me.

So, my apologies to those who don't make the cut.  It's nothing personal but I really need to start using more of my time for my blog and for the other things I have to work on.  I'm expecting 2012 to be even busier than these last few months of 2011 have been so I think my word for the new year is going to be 'prioritize'.

I may also be taking this blog in a slightly different direction but more on that later.  For now, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season - eat, drink and be merry!

No comments: