I don't usually participate in posts like this but I'm willing to try something new. My buddy CC does this every Monday and I always enjoy her answers because she's just so entertaining. Plus, it's always fun to learn new things about old friends. For me, this is a bit of a cop out post because there was something I was going to rant about but I was hesitating. It's kind of a bummer subject and you know, I've had a good day and don't want to bring myself down. So, without further ado, here is:
FMM: All About Me
1. What are your talents? I'm pretty crafty and a little bit arty. I'll give most types of craft a go, except maybe anything made with cat hair. At the moment I'm a little bit obsessed with quilting and I seem to come by the skill naturally.
2. What is your best habit? I brush my teeth at least twice a day.
3. If you had to be stuck with someone in an elevator for 8 hours, who would you want it to be? Assuming I get to resurrect people from the dead, I'd say Edward Gorey. I like to think we'd spend our time covering the walls of the elevator in creepy doodles and making up silly rhymes together.
4. Share one odd fact about you that we’d never know to ask. When I count to five using my hands (doesn't matter which one) I use my thumb, index, middle, pinkie, and then ring finger.
5. What’s your latest project (work, home, whatever you care to share?) Building up my Etsy store and working at being a better, more consistent blogger. It's an ongoing effort.
6. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? I'd like to lose some weight, which is something that I could change if I weren't so damned lazy, so I guess that doesn't count. Other than that, honestly, I don't think I'd change anything. Once upon a time, the list would have been long but I've learnt to accept that this is my skin, this is who I am. If I changed the shape of my nose, would I still look like me? I don't really want to risk it. (Okay, maybe my hair. I might change that.)
7. What do you do in your spare time? Read, craft, ponder, hunt down new blogs to follow.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Gigantic, non-folding strollers on buses. And ridiculous over-sized flower headbands on babies. I can't decide which bothers me more.
9. Why do you blog? I've always liked to write, and I enjoy the sense of community, particularly among craft/art bloggers. I also find it therapeutic and who doesn't like free therapy?
10. Are you tidy or messy? I guess that depends on one's definitions of tidy and messy. Let's just say I like the 'lived in' look.
11. What’s the last song that played on your iPod? Winter is All Over You - First Aid Kit
12. Do you cook? If so, what’s for dinner tonight? I am an occasional cook but mostly I leave it up to the expertise of my (former chef) husband. I do make a mean stir fry and pad thai, though.
13. Do you like sports? If so, list your teams. I like hockey and I like Aussie Rules. 'My' teams are the Calgary Flames because I was born in Calgary. If Victoria had an NHL team, I'd probably support them too because I love Victoria. I currently live in Vancouver but the Canucks will never be my team because I consider myself to only be passing through. As for Aussie Rules, the Melbourne Demons are my team, no matter how far down the ladder they are. Go, D's!
14. How often do you read and/or watch the news? We don't have cable anymore so I rarely watch the news unless I hear about something that I want to see footage of. In that case, I find it online. A couple of times a week I'll check out a few news pages but I find most of it to be either drivel, or too angry/sad making.
15. Did you stick to your new Year’s resolution this year? If so, elaborate. I'd have to go back and check the archives. I don't think I made resolutions per se, but goals I wanted to meet. Again, I'll have to check to see if I've been successful!
16. What are you looking forward to most in the remainder of 2011? I don't have any big plans for the remainder of the year. I want to keep working at the personal projects I have on the go and I'm looking forward to continuing to do so.
17. Shoes, sunglasses or handbags? I used to have a BIG shoe fetish but that's faded a bit. I still look at shoes everywhere I go but these days I prefer bare feet (not that I walk the city streets with bare feet! Eewww.) I only ever buy cheap sunglasses because it's inevitable that I will break them, or I'll lose the tiny screws that hold the arms on. I do love a good handbag and have a couple that I rotate. I'd like to start making my own so that I have full control over material, colour and style.
18. How do you feel about sleeping on satin sheets? I've never had satin sheets. Cotton is the only way to go.
19. Do you sing in the shower? I do if my husband isn't home. No need to traumatize him.
20.Describe yourself in one word. Curious.
If you want to participate in Friend Makin' Monday, go here to find the deets.