Tuesday, May 17, 2011

That Time Again...


Sunday marked the first day of the 5th annual Canadian Infertility Awareness Week (May 15th to 22nd).  If you click the link, you'll be taken to the IAAC website and from there can find a list of events happening across the country.  You may remember that last year, my good friend CC and I were the Victoria Fertility banner bearers in the Victoria Day parade.  VF isn't in the parade this year as far as I know but they were having their annual picnic at Beaver Lake park last Sunday.  Hopefully they didn't get completely rained out.

This evening here in Vancouver, the clinic that I go to is hosting a seminar on fertility, treatments and alternative medicine.  I had a look at what they'll be covering and I doubt I'll be going as there doesn't appear to be any new-to-me information.  However, if you're new to this world and are interested in finding out more about your options, it's being held at the Jewish Community Centre - 950 W. 41st Ave in the Gallery Room.  Along with doctors from the clinic there will be other speakers discussing acupuncture, nutrition, yoga and meditation.

Myself, I 'celebrated' the first day of CIAW with a negative home pregnancy test.  Joy!  If you're wondering why I would do such a terrible thing to myself, it was doctor's orders.  Since I'm taking progesterone, I'm supposed to test at the end of 10 days of taking the supplement to determine if I should continue or not.  Sunday's answer was 'or not'.  Monday I was feeling depressed and homicidal.  Today I'm  just feeling worn out, but that could be the heinous cramps.

I recently had my appointment with the doc who will be performing the pre-polyp re-section.  He seemed like a straight-up, honest kind of man and now that I'm on his patient list, I hope I will be able to continue to have him as my OB/GYN.  I asked him if he thought the polyps would interfere with my ability to become pregnant and he said he didn't know.  No bullshit, no dicking around - just that he didn't know.  I appreciate that kind of honesty.

So, now I wait for the surgery date.  We're going to hold off on doing Clomid/IUI until after that has been done.  I'm not going to lie to you - I'd much rather be celebrating CIAW with a baby or a pregnancy.  That hasn't happened though and I need to move on.  Hopefully, The Boy and I won't be greeting next year's CIAW empty handed.  One can dream, right?

No comments: