Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just a Thought...

Image Found here.
I'm thinking about changing the direction of this blog a little bit.  Nothing drastic, but maybe a change of layout and perhaps a different vibe to the writing.  For fans of my rants, fear not, I will still be ranting on occasion.  Let's face it, there is and always will be plenty of things and people in this world that piss me off.

While venting and ranting are vital to my well-being and sanity, I'm going to be trying something a little different.  In an effort to increase my chances of pregnancy, I'm going to try being a little hippy-dippy, 'everything's cool, man'.  Will it work?  I don't know.  So far the usual ways of trying to get knocked up, and the medical interventions I have tried haven't really worked so well.  Granted, there are still treatments left to try but we won't be pursuing those for at least another couple of months.  In the meantime, I may as well try to calm my body from top to toe and see what happens.  I'm talking yoga, meditation, contemplating my navel - you know, hippy-dippy.

What does that mean for this blog?  I'll sort of be figuring that out as I go along but I think it's going to include sharing my thoughts on books I've been reading, how I'm going with yoga and meditation, and whatever else I'll be doing to improve my outlook.

I mentioned before that I have another blog devoted to crafty/arty things and I'm going to really put some effort into building that up.  I've also recently signed up for an Etsy store and will be posting more about that on the Pro-Craft-inate blog as it gets going.

So, what do you all think?  Will you be abandoning ship?  Do you think I've lost my mind?  It's okay if you do - I'm kind of wondering that myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

contemplating your navel? that does sound hippy dippy. But, you never know!

sue said...

Personally, as a former (and sometimes current) hippy dippy chick, I think it sounds like an excellent plan. And if nothing else, it cant' hurt, right? Everything is connected, as they say, so a happy body, mind, spirit... who knows what might happen? I'll be rooting for you in the hippie section. Love you much!