Monday, December 14, 2009

Fear not, I have returned.

Hello, dear readers! Miss me? I’m sure you all did (all three of you) as much as I missed you. I had good reason though - I was vacationing in the Southern Hemisphere and welcoming my new niece, Amelia, into the world (cutest baby EVER).


I’m still in the midst of traveling back to Canada, so I won’t go into all the details of my three weeks away just now. Still a tad emotional about the goodbyes and really, enough people in airports have seen me sobbing today. In brief though, it was very good and far too short a visit.


There isn’t really much for me to rant about in this post - except maybe to say that the world is too big and planes aren’t fast enough (or cheap enough) for me to be a jet setter who jumps from one hemisphere to the other with the regularity I would want.


All I wanted to say, as much to remind myself as to inform you, is that I got to hold my dear, sweet Amelia one more time before I stepped through security at the Melbourne airport. She was missing her usual feeding time but there were no complaining cries from her. Instead she smiled up at me and completely and utterly broke my heart. I never want to forget the look on her face or the smell of her sweet little baby head. I know I’ll see her again (hopefully sooner, rather than later) but she’s already changed so much in the three weeks she’s been in the world. It hurts to know that I’ll be missing out on watching her getting bigger and more aware and interactive.


Well, so much for no more crying in airports. I may as well just flip through all the photo’s I took and really set myself off.


* Written prior to posting at SFO, gate 79. (If any of you were recently frightened by an hysterical woman at the San Francisco airport, my apologies.)


P.S. I called the Boy once I was at the airport and my cell phone would finally work again. He gave me some rather surprising news. So surprising in fact, my reaction probably seemed a little flat in response (but I’d just been squished up in the window seat on 13 hour flight - it was taking me awhile to unwind myself). That’s all I’m going to say for now - gotta leave you wanting more ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SURPRISING news!? Well, we'll be sure to get in contact with you just as soon as you return from jet lag land.
Welcome home dear friend!
Love,
Fat Pregnant Woman

AndreaClaire said...

You've definitely left me wanting more. And I know all about weird looks on planes as you ball your eyes out, I've done that more than once. So glad that you're home, now we just need to set a time to get drunk :)

Anonymous said...

You need to move to Oz!

The Happy Ranter said...

Jamie! Perhaps I will.